Thanks to the internet, we shop for most things online – right from groceries to fashion clothing and accessories. However, when it comes to shopping for jewelry, buyers still have their concerns, and rightfully so. When you are spending thousands of dollars on a ring or a pendant, you would want something authentic and worth the price. Sadly, there are scam services around, and for a new buyer, thinks can be pretty confusing. In this post, we have five essential rules that you should follow for every purchase.
- Research about the seller. No matter whether you are buying a pair of shamrock earrings or a special ring for your beloved, you need to be sure about the seller. It’s always ideal to buy directly from the jeweler’s store online, so that you are assured of the authenticity of the product. Make sure that the seller is well known and has been around for a while.
- The return policy is important. Contrary to what people often think, jewelry purchases can be returned with most online stores. This is an aspect that defines the services of the concerned retailer or jeweler. As long as you have the bill and other places intact, the seller should take your product back, if needed.
- Check for more images. Do NOT buy from retailers that don’t have high definition images of their products. Also, every jewelry item should have numerous pictures from all sides. When it comes to jewelry, the right kind of lighting and background can impact the pictures a lot.
- Product description matters. A jeweler or a retailer is expected to explain every detail about the gemstones and metals used. They must have all the information on their website, and if required, they must answer questions related to a product on email as sought by the customer.
- Do check for authentication and certification. This is also an important aspect that cannot be ignored. For diamonds and gold jewelry, it’s easy to find a few identification marks and symbols of genuineness. Depending on the metal you buy, check the process of authentication.
Of course, the seller needs to have a good and big collection, so that you have enough choices. Make sure that you check the terms and conditions of their services and their shipping policies. A good retailer will also give an estimate delivery date for your order. Check online now and start shopping!